Important: If you supply products for sale on Amazon, you must comply with all laws and Amazon policies that are applicable to those products and product listings.
All electronic items and household appliances must be lawful for sale and comply with relevant legislation. The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
Examples of Permitted Listings:
- Telecommunications or radio-emitting products that have been registered in accordance with the Infocomm Media Development Authority’s (IMDA) requirements
- Televisions, air conditioners, refrigerators, clothes dryers, lamps, or other registrable goods that contain the energy efficiency labelling required by the National Environment Agency (NEA)
- Electronic products that can be plugged directly into Singapore’s main power supply should be compatible with Singapore’s voltage grid of 220-240v, and plug types C, G, and M
Examples of Prohibited Listings:
- Any product that does not meet applicable product compliance requirements, including (where a seller is based in Singapore or using the Fulfilment by Amazon service) any product that is regulated as a “Controlled Good” by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) that has not been registered with ESG and labelled with a valid SAFETY Mark. ESG has designated 33 product types as “Controlled Goods” including AC adaptors, computers, audio and video products, hair dryers, blenders, coffee makers, and cooking appliances. Refer to ESG’s website for more information on the Consumer Protection (Safety Requirements) Regulations, and ESG’s List of Controlled Goods.
- Any product that does not meet applicable safety requirements, including (where a seller is based in Singapore or using the Fulfilment by Amazon service) ESG’s Consumer Goods Safety Requirements
- Universal socket outlets (both wall/mains and portable) that have not been registered with ESG and labelled with a valid SAFETY mark. This includes plug/travel adapters that contain universal socket outlets.
- Products capable of blocking, jamming or interfering with licensed or authorised radio communications, such as phones, modems, Bluetooth devices that have not been duly registered with the IMDA
- Certain streaming media players, voice assistant devices and related accessories
- Class 3b and Class 4 laser apparatus, which have a maximum output power greater than 5mW, as set out on the NEA website
- Any product the NEA deems is a Regulated Goods and does not meet the applicable energy performance and labelling requirements. Refer to the NEA's website for more information on Regulated Goods, the Mandatory Energy Labelling Scheme and the Minimum Energy Performance Standards.
- Kindle batteries
- Credit card reader terminals and portable magnetic stripe card-readers
- Mobile phones sold with services contracts
- Standalone replacement laptop batteries, chargers, and adapters
- Cylindrical lithium ion cell battery types: 14500, 16340, 18560, 20700, 21700, and 26650
Note: Sellers who list prohibited items can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Streaming media players
Products offered for sale on Amazon should not promote, suggest the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorised access to digital media or other protected content. Any streaming media player or other device that violates this policy is prohibited from sale on Amazon.
It is your responsibility to source and sell products that do not promote, promise the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorised access to digital media or other protected content. If you sell these products, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfilment centres without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that your account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances, and payments may be withheld or forfeited.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Restricted Products: Recalled, Hazardous, & Dangerous Products
Additional Useful Information